Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Cents Worth

Oh, yeah, just thought I would blog about another fun experience that happened the same weekend as Andrew's blessing......
We had our first 911 call (and hopefully our last). I was doing some laundry in our laundry room when Thomas came up to me choking. At first, I thought he was just choking on a bite of food or something. He is usually not one to put toys and things in his mouth. But I then realized that he couldn't swallow and was trying to gag something up. I did a swipe in his mouth with my finger, but couldn't feel anything. I screamed to my mom to come help; I was panicking. We were both trying to help him, but nothing was working. So as I was dialing 911, my mom was still working on him. As soon as I get connected to the local medical help, I hear "clink, clink".....two pennies drop to the ground.
I was so thankful and relieved I started crying. Luckily, my mom was finally able to get the pennies up and out and we didn't have to have any medical help come to our house! I don't know what I would have done without my mom there! Scariest experience ever.

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

Hey Terri, Im glad you started a blog, its fun to see each others lifes! We are moving to Sandy, Ut at the end of the month! Im really excited to be close to family. Im glad the little one is ok, i would freak out too!