
Andrew had his 1st birthday back on March 8th. We threw him a little party, and he had lots of family, including all of his grandparents there.
I would have more pictures, but I couldn't find my dang camera for half of the night! So I still need to get some additional pictures from my sister-in-law Leslie.
One memorable part: I had made Andrew his own little cake to play in. So with the cake sitting right in front of him in his high chair, I light up the candle, and then turn my back for a split-second to grab the newly discovered camera and Andrew grabs at the fire! (Note to self: Duh! Do NOT do that again!) Everyone in the room, with all eyes on him (except his mother, of course) screams, "NO!" Which scared him more than the candle hurt him, I think. But the damage was done. He wouldn't stop crying until I got him out of his high chair and calmed him down. It was quite a while before he would trust putting his hand near his cake again. But once he did, he downed that cake!
Although I know at least one little cousin of his learned a lesson from this. Ethan (age 6) during the blessing for his baby brother Oliver's first birthday (exactly a month later) blessed that Oliver wouldn't get the fire. It was cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment